Hey everyone. This is the last review for a while. Like the other reviews, this is a product that focuses on safety.
Fun fact - like a lot of runners, I despise carrying any extra stuff when I'm out running. I don't run with a phone or a wallet because I don't like the feel of them jostling around in my pockets. However, running without ID poses a risk. It's not fun to talk about, but occasionally, runners do get hit and injured by inattentive motorists. That alone is bad, but if you happen to be injured, unconscious, and lacking ID, the paramedics are going to have to figure out who you are. Not good.
That's why I wear this Road ID Slim (other styles are available). Basically, it's a livestrong-style stretchy bracelet with a removable metal plate on the front. The metal plate has space for five laser-printed lines of text. I was able to fit my name and birth year, some emergency contacts, and two lines detailing some medical information. The reason it has tape on it in the picture is to protect the phone numbers of my emergency contacts, as this picture is going on the internet.
Besides the obvious function of this being able to potentially save your life, one benefit is that it's easy to use. The metal plate can be removed and attached to other bands of the same size, which is good since I have broken one or two bands (but they're cheap, so not a big deal). It's extremely lightweight and comfortable once you get it on, so much so that I wear it during the day when I'm NOT running. Finally, one of these will run you $20, which, considering what this is for, feels like a bargain.
This is one of the few times where I will almost outright endorse a product. I don't like being a brand loyalist, but I feel strongly about this, as it's a low-cost safety solution for all runners, and it's made pretty well. It's like putting on a seat belt in a car - I hope I never have to use it, but I'm glad it's there in case I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment