Hey everyone,
First of all, I would like to apologize for leaving the blog behind for so long. After Run Your Can Off, I needed some time to crash and just get away from it for a little bit. Mind you, I am definitely getting back into the running groove, and figured that as such, I needed to actually post on the blog.
So, as you might be able to guess from the picture, I completed RYCO and got the medal. I managed to get 25 laps in just under six hours. That translates to just over 50K (or 31 miles and change for those of you who do not speak metric). A few observations. First of all, that little hill that seems so innocuous at the beginning seems like a cliff by about lap 18 or 19. Secondly, running for that long is pretty hard work. There were times where my legs started to feel like jelly, but I pushed on. (Seriously, I need to get into better shape). Nonetheless, I am very glad I did it, and I am fairly happy considering that was my first ultramarathon distance. I am also glad that the event helped the local food shelf. Plus, I made a few new friends, which is always good!
So here is what's next for me. I'm currently working my way back into decent high-mileage (for me) weeks - hoping to get over 40 miles for this week by Sunday. For the next month, I will be balancing this with holiday obligations. I don't have any races I have signed up for yet, but stay tuned, as I do have plans for next year. (For those in the know, your discretion is appreciated). I do plan on posting to the blog regularly-ish. As it is the holiday season, I may do a few product reviews. Of course if anyone has any suggestions about content, I am all ears. Until next time, I have to run. Take care everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment